A month ago, a traumatising and expensive long-distance conversation left me with this dichotomous chest pain of woe and relief. Yes, relief is painful too.
I sat one day at the Phra Athit park with large bottles of Chang beer and a notebook, I was trying to be proactive and get my thoughts in order to decide what must be done next. All my major life planning and solitary drinking occurs on the banks of the Chaophraya at the twilight hour. With a monkey mind, a sore heart and a pair of itchy feet, I thought to myself "I feel restless but I don't even know what I want".
But it went deeper than that. I think the petrol fumes coming off the river tends to get you high and start contemplating God and the universe. It went a little like this: to know what I want I need to know who I am, to know who I am I need to know my place in the universe, and really this is all very exhausting and who has the time to do all that thinking?
Now I know who! This woman: LINK. (Please don't groan loudly at me with your judgement!)
Thank you E., for the recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment