Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Despair of Being Unproductive

I have been staring at an open Word document all morning. I'll scroll up and I'll scroll down. Then I'll check Facebook for the 7th time. Write a useless email. Read every single story on the BBC front page. Then head over to IHT and spend at least a half hour trying to figure out if the IHT-NYTimes merger is fo'realz or an April Fool's joke.* Then I'll come back to my open Word document. I'll scroll up and scroll down again. And then I'll read some blogs. And watch Dr K Chaudury videos.

I have 2 grant proposals to finish and an annual report to edit. The boring, tedious, boring, boring, boring side of human rights work.

OK, time for early and unnecessarily long lunch.

*Oh wow. I am going through an excessive period of stupidity.

1 comment:

John Bradley said...

Like going through the motions, killing time. I know you are passionate about this stuff, but everyone gets bogged down and in a rut sometimes.

I wanted to share a blog I've been reading lately. It really speaks to me, and I think you'll like it too.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/

You can click on the Blog link to view his most recent post, or just start reading random posts as I did. Enjoy.