Friday, May 11, 2007

Snakes on a train

I stopped watching MTV and Channel V a long time ago, around the time they started playing Boyzone’s Love Me For A Reason in their retro shows. There is a serious disconnect on my part from the music video world. Significance of this is continued below after a short discussion of BTS trains.

The TV monitors in the BTS trains are incredible, really. As if we can’t go from one stop to the next without being entertained or having a product shoved down our throat, but I honestly don’t remember what it was like traveling by sky train before those monitors were put in. It must have been horrible.

So this morning on my way to work, I witnessed a horrific thing on these very monitors. It was the Beyonce-Shakira music video. It is offensive in and of itself that Shakira and Beyonce would together put out a track, although not quite as offensive as Fergie’s solo career. But, okay, about halfway through the song there is some weird pseudo-Arabic refrain which has given them an excuse to roll around the ground and pretend to be snakes thereby creating a giant tits and ass production. You see, snakes in reality have neither tits nor ass. My bewilderment cannot be adequately expressed in this here "blog".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the same thing, we must have been on the same train at exactly the same time! Hrmm, I wonder if we were both going to the same place... Lunch sometime??