Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Coming Soon: Adventure Tales of Pooj in the Motherland

This is my final week at work but I won't miss it. The world is blue and foggy with woe but I will get over it.

On Friday, I will be on an Air India flight to the Maximum City. Pray for me: pray that I will not sit next to an elderly, smelly uncle who will line-maro and make gulab jamun double-entendres.

I am about to embark on a 3-week reunion with my maternal family who span 3 countries and 3 generations, who have not all been in one place at one time in 13 years. I foresee drama, tears, loud voices (all mine) and lots of good food, good laughs and good memories.

I have been practising the following things in preparation for this trip:
- Heckling at white tourists
- Perfecting the art of negotiating why I deserve to sit down on the train because I have a farther distance to travel and/or I have polio
- Chai-making
- Developing the inner strength to resist engaging in any conversation ending in conflict over Medha Patkar and the NBA with my Hindutva uncle

Fun!! :-)

1 comment:

rin-on said...

Nooo!! Wouldn't you rather stay in Bangkok and wait for my arrival?? Hahaha... I can't believe I'm not gonna see you! Have fun with your fam though. Good luck not getting yourself hitched over there :P